Hey guys, its that time again!
My friends and I were having a conversation the other day when one of them told us that she started shaving her face and that our other friend was also trying it out. Now I didn’t quite know what to make of this just because when I think of face shaving, men come to mind!
I was very curious and wanted to know more about it as this was all new to me, one of my friends said that she found this in a group on Facebook called The Beauty Coven UK. After this I was so intrigued that I decided to do some research of my own to find out the benefits, pros and cons and this is what I found for you guys.
Pros to face shaving.
- Shaving removes a top layer of dead skin cells and exfoliates which makes products absorb better into the skin.
- Shaving the face also acts as an anti-ageing effect. Its a mild form of microdermabrasion which encourages collagen production, this reduces wrinkles as collagen helps to renew skin cells.
- The hair on our face is called vellus hair which we call it ‘peach fuzz’ getting rid of this leads to a smooth, luminous, light reflecting surface which is perfect for applying makeup as it goes on so much smoother.
- The hair will NOT grow back thicker, that is a myth guys so don’t worry! Face shaving does not effect the rate of regrowth, colour, thickness or the texture of facial hair.
Cons to face shaving.
- Shaving does have a risk of getting razor bumps which is inflammation caused by hair growing underneath the skins surface.
- Ingrown hairs, like anywhere else when you shave on your body you can also get these on your face, its when the hairs curl back into the skin.
As you can see the Pros definitely out weigh the cons which I was quite shocked about if I’m honest. Personally, I don’t think I could go through with shaving my face just because it seems so unnatural, I don’t see anything wrong with females doing it at all, I just don’t think I could do it myself but things could change who knows haha.
These are the razors that most ladies tend to shave their faces with, they are the brand Tinkle and you can find these on ebay or amazon and they are very inexpensive. I have read online while doing my research not to use a razor you would use to shave your legs with.
If your going to give this a whirl here is a few tips of advice I found while researching on several sites:
Tips before shaving.
- Use a warm compress as hot water helps open up our pores and it can lower the risk of getting ingrown hairs.
- Pre moisten skin by using soap or shaving gel to cause less skin irritation, don’t dry shave (shaving gel is highly recommended rather than soap)
So there we go! I think its safe to say that you wont wake up one morning looking like a Wookie if you decide to shave your face, it seems perfectly harmless and as you can see there is quite a few benefits of doing this and to be quite honest with you all, the cons are not even that bad! … Saying that, I still don’t think ill be jumping on the band wagon any time soon, my ‘peach fuzz’ isn’t noticeable so I think it can stay for now haha.
I would be so interested to know if any of you guys have tried this or are thinking of trying this and let me know what you all think of it?! Let me know in the comment section below 🙂
Thanks so much for reading guys and ill see you all very soon! ♥