Today I wanted to share with you the beginning of my fitness journey, I struggle really hard to get myself motivated, I always use that sorry excuse, ‘Oh I’ll start tomorrow’ or ‘I’ll start at the beginning of next week’ and then I still never end up doing it.
Now all of that is about to change. My fiance and I booked a holiday for this summer in June, we are going to Crete for two weeks and I dont want to feel uncomfortable within myself so now is the time to get my ass in gear and do something about it, not only physically but mentally aswell. Exercising releases endorphins that trigger a positive feeling in our bodies and every other time I start working out I do feel really uplifted afterwards.
My partner and I was shopping a few weeks back and we popped into Primark and right at the front was their gym wear, can I just say, Primark gym wear is a vibe! So I brought a charcoal grey long sleep cropped gym top and the leggings to match, I also picked up the top in a black aswell as I already have some black work out leggings at home.
I also picked up an exercise mat from Decathlon to try and encourage myself to work out which has clearly helped! My aim next is to get resistance bands and a kettle bell! Go me!
I just to share with you a few exercises that I’ll be doing, I will be switching things up but I needed a guidline to go by so here it is.
Legs + Bum.
- Squats – Failure – Rest 45 secs/1 min (4 sets).
- Rest 1-2 mins before next exercise.
- Butt clenches – (4 sets of 25 reps).
- Lunges – Failure – Rest 45/secs/1 min (3 sets).
- Side leg raises – (3 sets of 25 reps).
- Crunches (3 sets of 10 reps).
- Mountain climbers (20secs x 3).
- Leg kicks – Failure (Lay on floor and keep legs slightly lifted whilst moving legs up and down).
- Leg cross over (3 sets of 10 reps). (Lay on floor, legs slightly lifted whilst crossing them over back and forth).
- Dips (2 sets of 10 reps).
- Bicep curl (3 sets of 10 reps).
- Tricep curl (3 sets of 10 reps).
- Hammer curl (3 sets of 10 reps).
- Side raises (3 sets of 10 reps).
- Front raises (3 sets of 10 reps).
- Shoulder press (3 sets of 10 reps).
- Bent over flys (3 sets of 10 reps).
- Bent over rows (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Press ups (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Bench press (3 sets of 10-15 reps)
Now although this doesn’t seem like a lot, I’m new to exercising so I don’t want to push myself too quickly, I’ll ease my way in and increase the reps or I’ll add weight and do less reps. I just want to be a healthier version of myself, I’m not looking to get a 6 pack or defined abs, I’d just like to be a bit more on the toned side, just nothing crazy.
My aim is to do legs + bum on Monday’s along with abs. Wednesday will be back, arms + shoulders and on Friday’s I’ll be doing Legs + bum along with chest.
I’m quite excited to see the outcome nearer my holiday and I cant wait to bring you angels along with me on my journey.
Thanks so much for reading guys and I’ll speak to you all very soon ♥